National Brain Research Centre, Manesar (Deemed University)
The field of neurosciences is developing rapidly all over the world. The need to look at the totality of the area in terms of the functioning of the brain at the molecular, cellular, genetic and behavioural levels to address major neurological diseases has been fully recognized.
The Department established a dedicated centre for Brain Research, named as National Brain Research Centre (NBRC) on the 14th November, 1997. This centre is dedicated to provide infrastructural facilities and a coordinated multidisciplinary team to work at the frontiers of neuroscience research and network the existing groups and whenever required create satellite units to catalyze the overall growth of this discipline in the country .This system of networking will create and encourage local talent and by a judicious exchange of workers between the peripheral centres and the core centre. Besides research, the centre provides a national level nucleus for comprehensive training and teaching in diverse fields of neurosciences. As a Deemed University, the centre is continuing with its M.Sc./Ph.D. programme in neuroscience. The teaching programme aims at developing a solid foundation in the basic areas of neuroscience in an inter-disciplinary manner and to expose the students to the latest research in different areas.
- To consolidate, network and undertake basic research of a high caliber in neurosciences and function oriented activities;
- To encourage and augment effective linkages between various scientific and research agencies/laboratories and other organizations working in the field of brain research;
- To serve as a national apex centre for brain research and to provide consultancy services to other institutions, agencies and industries;
- To carry out research related to function of brain in diseased and normal conditions;
- To establish linkages with recognized national and/or international universities and research institutions of higher learning in fields relevant to objectives of the centre;
- To establish one or more satellite centres covering different regions of country for efficient achievement of the objectives of the main centre;
- To collect, publish and disseminate information on aspects relevant to neurosciences to the scientific community;
- To promote neurosciences research at different centres in the country and encourage scientist from universities, research institutions and industry for undertaking research.
For more Information, Please Visit http://www.nbrc.ac.in